Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Thankful Tuesday!

This morning feels like a time to feel thankful. Okay, every morning is a time to feel thankful! Here's what I'm thankful for today.

I'm thankful for the world's best daughters. The. Best. Period.

I'm thankful for Mexico! The people, the culture, the relaxed lifestyle, the affordability, the food, the cheap taxis, the great public services like free health care, everything! This is the view from my balcony of the twin volcanoes of Colima. The photo is from the newspaper, but the view is what I see.


I'm thankful that the grass on the new lawn is growing. Plus the occasional sprouting bean! Watering the lawn has become a form of meditation. Ahhh... I have a theory that the combination of volcanic ash and ash from burning sugar cane fields has made the soil here super rich. Hence the vibrant colors and quick growth.


I'm thankful for green socks to match my green t-shirt that matches the striped green Victoria's Secret underwear... oops. TMI. Just a photo of the socks, folks!


I'm thankful for my amazing assistant Marissa, the Communications Director of the Uncorporation of Carole Remy! We had to give her a fancy title. Do you like it? The gorgeous puppy is her boxer, Wottana.


I'm thankful for the wonderful people who work for the welfare of animals, all over the world. Colima has an active community of animal welfare volunteers. There's a huge sterilization campaign in March that I'll devote a whole post to. I'm amazed over and over by how quickly dogs and cats are adopted here. In eight months of volunteering with Animal Control, nominally a kill shelter, not a single healthy animal has been euthanized. Every single animal has been adopted. Every single one! The people of Colima love their pets!


I'm thankful for fellow writers! This whole post could be filled with a list of the amazing writers who've become, sometimes very quickly, more than friends. Okay, I'll do that in another post. Shout outs!!

I'm hugely thankful for readers! Seriously, a giant thank you to everyone who's peeked inside, bought, reviewed, commented, tweeted, Facebooked, and otherwise supported my novels. You are ALL the bomb! (Okay, I wouldn't be a serious writer if I didn't sneak in at least one photo of my book.)


I'm thankful today and every day that I really love my life! How about you? What are you thankful for today? Please share!



Check out these related posts:

No comments:

Post a Comment